Monday 22 May 2017

Sunset Poppies

Today I have the watercolor stamp "Sunset Poppies" from Rubbernecker Stamps as the start to Rubbernecker Team 1's week to shine.

I successfully used the Ken Oliver Color Bursts in Brights in three different colours (crimson, yellow, and orange) to do this card. I am so proud of myself!! lol! I diluted a little of each colour in some water and used a water brush to apply the colour to the stamp. I started with my lightest colour first and worked my way to crimson. I coloured the entire stamp with the yellow, and for each subsequent colour, coloured a little less of the stamp so there was a gradient.

All of my paper is from the Cupcakes and Carousels collection from Stampin' Up. I also used the "Freehand Border Phrase Set" and the large "Freehand Border" from Rubbernecker on this card.

Tomorrow, May 23, is the start of a new challenge on the blog so make sure you drop by and join us. You can access it by clicking HERE! The prizes are a $25 GC first prize and a $15 GC second place prize to the Rubbernecker store.

No comments:

Post a Comment