Sunday 19 March 2017

Build a Scene

For the Rubbernecker Sweet Sunday post, I used new photopolymer stamp and die sets to build a little scene for my card. I really love these stamps and the versatility they have to do what I did for this card. This stamp set is KKCS Outdoor Master and the Outdoor Master coordinating die set. and the Happy Birthday set #3031

 You can see that I stamped in grass and flowers at the base of the tree before I added my fence. 

Here is a close up of the fence, the flowers and grass that I added in front of the fence die cut. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I did the sky with a couple of blue shades from the Tim Holtz distressed ink collection, then I stamped the sentiment with the same shade of blue.

This was a lot of fun! Stamping the scene then using the dies and more stamps to add some dimension to it really makes it pop. I am totally going to do this again, but I think I might incorporate some heat embossing to give it more texture. And I am definitely going to try it in some fall colours. How pretty would that be?!

We started a new Rubbernecker challenge this week on the blog, so make sure you pop over there and see what the theme is. The prizes are pretty awesome: a $25 GC for the 1st prize and a $15 GC for the 2nd prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment