Sunday 5 March 2017

Blooming Poppies

It's Team 1's Sweet Sunday at Rubbernecker Stamps, and today I made a card with the watercolour stamp "Blooming Poppies" and the "Distress Oval" stamp.
Blooming Poppies
I kept the design CAS. The stamps are pretty big and I did not want to crowd the card with a sentiment. This card is 5.5" x 4.25". The watercolour stamps from Rubbernecker are multi piece stamps. Blooming Poppies is a two piece stamp: the outline and the petals of the flowers. I stamped the outline of the stamp first with black Ranger Archival Ink., giving it a few minutes for the ink to dry. Then I used Calypso Coral ink from Stampin' Up for the flower colour stamp. I misted my watercolour paper, then inked my stamp. I sprayed my inked stamp with one spray of water and then put it on the damp paper. I held it down for about five seconds to give the colour time to set and then lifted the stamp. Voila! I finished it off with the Distress Oval stamp to give it a frame.

We are starting a new Rubbernecker challenge this week on the blog, so make sure you pop over there and see what the theme is this week. It starts tomorrow (Tuesday, February 28). The prizes are pretty awesome: a $25 GC for the 1st prize and a $15 GC for the 2nd prize.

Below are links to the Rubbernecker Stamps I used for my card:

No comments:

Post a Comment