Saturday 1 October 2016

Left of Center 150th Challenge Celebration

Left of Center Creative Challenges is celebrating their 150th Challenge on October 1, which is also National Card Making Day. The East Wind is sponsoring this challenge and The East Wind DT was asked if any of us would be interested in making a card for this celebratory and dark themed challenge. I put my hand up and decided to do something with Lucy Loo 'Devil'. I decided to go monochrome with this, which is something I haven't done before. Technically, her hair and wings are a bit purple, so it's not really monochrome, but the colours I used in her skin I wanted to tie in with the rest of her as well. I think you have to look at it twice to see that it's not a black and white picture. I debated taking the picture again with a different background, but I thought the skulls suited it, so I kept it as is.


I coloured the image with Copics. I used the C's and V90's for everything. I also washed some BG70 over her skin in the highlights, though in the picture it's hard to see the greenish tint. I had this concrete brick wall paper by Ella & Viv that went perfectly with the image. I inked some black stars over the paper, heat embossed some pewter embossing powder over chipboard stars, and there you go. I kept it pretty stark and dark. 

Check out the new challenge at LOC and drop by The East Wind if you do something with a TEW image and let us see what you did! 

2 comments: