Monday 3 October 2016

Black & Orange and...

The new challenge is up at Aurora Wings and the theme this time is "Black and Orange and One Other Color". I picked my one other colour to be purple. I wanted a colour that was totally away from the orange colour family, so red and yellow were out! I made a cute little Halloween card with Candy Corn Fairy

Candy Corn Fairy
I coloured the image with Copics. My papers are from Michele R Design, Cricut, and the purple is just from my stash of scraps. Since I stayed away from red and yellow, I had to take some creative license with the candy corn hat. Here are the Copics I used on this image: 
Orange: R08, YR07, YR04, YR17, YR15
Purple: BV08, BV04, BV02, BV01, BV00
Blacks: W1-W9

Make sure you drop by the Aurora Wings Challenge blog to check out this challenge and take a look at the rest of Team Stella and their fantastic creations!

9 comments:

  1. OOOH, Candy Corn never looked so good! Bet she's tastier than the norm. LOL LOVE your color combo and fabulous design. What an adorable card! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your take on this Candy Corn Fairy with orange-black-purple palette! She suddenly looks more witch-y and I LOVE that! Your coloring brings lovely satiny shine to this little one's costume, which also gives her dimension. Love the way you brought her to life, Myndi! Thank you so much for this adorable inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeeee.. love your colouring, the sentiment.. and your design.. <3 xx ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow awesomecolouring and such a cute halloween card, fabulous project, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colouring and a fantastic card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colouring and fab design. Love it as always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely, orange and purple look fab together x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally stunning color job and card!! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Myndi this is awesome!! I love the dark purple you added here!! You did a beautiful job!! Its so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete