Thursday 21 July 2016

New Facebook Contest Starts Today!

A new Facebook contest goes live today in The East Wind's Facebook group. The theme this month is "Hot Colours", so you have to use colours from the warm side of the colour wheel. I used the image "Bookaholic". It is one of my most favourite images because of all that hair!! Hair can be tricky, but it can also be fun. I love to play with hair colours, and I thought a big mess of hot red hair would be perfect for the theme.

Bookaholic
I used SEVERAL Copics to achieve the look I wanted for her hair:
E09, E08, YR18, YR07, YR04, Y17, Y15, Y13
I printed the image out at about 5", so that's pretty big for me. I usually print it out at 3.5 or so, but I wanted space for the hair. The DP is from a DCWV Citrus mat stack. The solid colour paper is from Cricut.

Make sure you pop by the Facebook group! First prize is three free images of your choice, the runner up gets a 25% off coupon to the Etsy store. There are also twice monthly challenges on the BLOG, so check that out too. And make sure you're signed up for the newsletter!! The free image for August that goes out in the newsletter is AMAZING!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, stunning job with the colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the way you have coloured the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job love the hair!!! thks for sharing your colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete