Monday 20 July 2015

Summer Song Challenge at Tiddly Inks

This next challenge theme at Tiddly Inks is "Summer Song" and it goes LIVE today. I picked "Under the Sea" because I have a couple of little girls that are CRAZY for mermaids these days, so of course "The Little Mermaid" is a big hit in our house at the moment. When they saw me colouring a mermaid they went bananas!! And for me, the ocean makes me think of hot summer days, but I spent several years living in Florida, so that's to be expected. 

I used the image  "Mermaid Miranda" for my card. I also used some techniques from a Create & Learn class over at Kit & Clowder to create an underwater scene.


I coloured this with Copics, using the Hex Chart to find colours that were similar, though not necessarily all in the same blending family. Her tail is a mix of Y and YR. I worked some of the same yellow that I used on her tail into her hair.

Make sure you check out this challenge and share your makes on the Tiddly Inks Facebook page too! We love to see what you come up with! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my project.

xx

3 comments: