Tuesday 28 July 2015

New Aurora Release at The East Wind

It's new release Tuesday at The East Wind. Today's new image is Aurora "Swim with Betty," and she's provided me with another opportunity to practice my underwater colouring technique. I know, I know!! All I seem to be doing is water scenes the last few projects. I love this technique I learned at Kit & Clowder, and you know what they say: Practice makes perfect! Check out Unky's post about her inspiration for this and her fish Betty HERE!

Aurora "Swim with Betty"
I didn't want to make her into a card, so I took a small laser cut frame that I got at Michaels, put a base layer of gesso on it and found a few embellishments in my stash, painted them with gesso too, and applied them to the frame with Beacons 3-in-1 glue. After all that dried, I sprayed the frame with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays in Mermaid Shells. I hope you like how it turned out. You can't see the sheen on the frame from the sprays, but they look really nice in person.

Make sure you check out the current Facebook challenge in our Facebook group HERE. The theme is "Once Upon a Time". Use an image from TEW to create a project based on a fairy tale or story book, and try to think outside the box and not just use the Alice in Wonderland images that Unky has. There are also twice monthly challenges on the BLOG: one using the freebie on the first of the month, and another in the middle of the month. The freebie comes with the newsletter that is sent out on the 1st of the month, so make sure you are signed up for that. Look for the pink box near the top of the home page on the blog.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my project with you!! xx

1 comment: